Registered Nurse - SHIVERS II Research Project
- Are you a NZ registered nurse looking for an exciting short-term employment opportunity with Regional Public Health?
- Do you enjoy getting out of the office and working in the community?
- Are you keen to be part of a research team looking at the impact of repeat influenza vaccination on an individual’s immune system response to influenza infection (SHIVERS II)?
Regional Public Health has been invited by Environmental Scientific Research (ESR) to participate in this significant research project. This research follows on from the successful Southern Hemisphere Influenza and Vaccine Effectiveness, Research and Surveillance project (SHIVERS I) that occurred in Auckland from 2012-2014. This project is run and funded by the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID) and St. Jude Children’s Hospital USA. www.stjude.org/research/initiatives/influenza-research-surveillance.html
The role is 1.0 FTE and covers the period mid/late April to 30 September working Monday to Friday with flexible office hours.
Do you have the following skills?
- Clinical assessment
- Drivers licence and knowledge of the greater Wellington region
- Excellent communicator and ability to talk with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Immediate start or within one week of appointment
If there's more you'd like to know please contact Gail O'Leary Team Leader, Disease Control on 570 9002 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively Dr Annette Nesdale on 570 9002 or Annette.email@example.com.
We will consider all applications as they are submitted until a suitable applicant has been found. Your application will be assessed against the required competencies and you will be notified of the status of your application as soon as possible.
Please note: All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete our online Hutt Valley DHB application form through our careers website: www.healthyjobs.co.nz.
Applications close: 16 April 2018