Team Leader - Tobacco Alcohol and Drugs
Location: Hutt Hospital
Contract: Permanent - full time
Leader extraordinaire required for a small team with lots of variety.
About Regional Public Health
Regional Public Health (RPH) is one of the three larger public health units in New Zealand and as such often takes on a national leadership role. RPH provides public health services to the greater Wellington region, including Wairarapa (population of approximately 521,500).
Emphasis is placed on leadership, teamwork, the wider determinants of health and the reduction of health inequalities, Maori health, Pacific Peoples health and other vulnerable groups including young people. This team has both a health promotion and regulatory focus on tobacco, alcohol and other drugs.
About the Role
In this role you will be providing leadership and management for the Tobacco, Alcohol and Drugs Team who have a focus across the greater Wellington region, and leading this diverse team to continue to grow and contribute to Government and District Health Board priorities. You will also be working with the Manager, Service Delivery, Team Leaders and other members of the Health Promotion Cluster to provide leadership.
Skills and Experience
- Previous people management experience
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate staff and build strong effective networks with colleagues
- Proven experience in business processes
- An understanding of health inequalities and the wider determinants of health
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the intent of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and ability to apply this in your work
- Ability to work across cultures in a way that respects and values diversity
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Ability to establish and maintain effective intersectoral, strategic and community relationships
We offer a supportive workplace culture with a commitment to your on-going professional development. This includes; a comprehensive orientation programme, training and study opportunities, and peer support.
Staff benefits include discounts from many companies throughout the region, and use of our onsite gym.
How to Apply
For further information on this role, please email email@example.com and indicate the vacancy number 113029-20 and job title in the subject line.
You can see a copy of the job description and apply through our careers website: www.healthyjobs.co.nz.
Please note: We are unable to accept applications via email.
Closing Date: Monday, 6 April 2020