Public Health Medicine Specialist
Regional Public Health serves the greater Wellington region, through its three district health boards (DHBs): Capital & Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa and as a service is part of the Hutt Valley District Health Board. We are one of the largest public health units in New Zealand. We work with our communities to make them a healthier, safer place to live. We promote good health, prevent disease, and improve the quality of life for our population, with a particular focus on children, Māori and working with primary care organisations.
- Help lead our investment in a Health in All Policies approach across greater Wellington, with multiple stakeholders
- Assist with our engagement with primary care partners
- Contribute to RPH wide processes including public health governance, public health advocacy and integrated projects.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant qualification and experience in public health medicine; vocational registration in public health medicine
- An understanding of health inequalities and the wider determinants of health
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the intent of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and ability to apply this in your work
- Proven leadership and experience in public health including a track record of taking an innovative and entrepreneurial approach.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information on this role please email: email@example.com or phone (04) 570 9002. Vacancy number 8110885-18.
All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete our online Hutt Valley DHB application form through our careers website: www.healthyjobs.co.nz.
Applications close on 19 August 2018.
Senior Public Health Advisor
Do you have a passion for public health and health inequities?
Understanding health inequities, long term conditions prevention and the causes and impacts for Māori, Pacific and children is key to this role. You will play a key leadership role in providing high level of strategic thinking and advice to inform how we integrate public health initiatives and policy development that will drive meaningful change in the health of Māori, Pacific and children.
As a member of the health promotion cluster you will have the opportunity to contribute to a variety of projects across all aspects of our work. Your role will lead the understanding of trends that will shape the future of health promotion, and help develop strategies across the organisation to make sure that we are investing in the right things at the right time to achieve the best possible outcomes for our communities.
This position is a permanent full time role that works as part of a team with the Health Promotion Team Leaders, Senior Public Health Advisor, Medical Officer of Health and Manager, Service Delivery. Nau mai, haere mai. Ngā mihi.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- have a qualification in public health and a minimum of five years’ experience in public health.
- be an experienced communicator, strategic thinker, have strong effective & diverse networks, proven leadership and project management skills, and can support and mentor others.
- be comfortable working with ambiguity and demonstrate initiative and positive attitude.
- have a genuine desire to grow your professional skills and experience while leading the way of change in health promotion.
HOW TO APPLY
For further information on this role, please email our team leader firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the vacancy number 8110910-18 and job title in the subject line.
Please complete an online HVDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button or through our careers website: www.healthyjobs.co.nz Please note: We are unable to accept applications via email.
Applications close on 1 September 2018.