Community Action on Youth and Drugs (CAYAD) has been operating across the Hutt Valley since 2008, and was developed due to the considerable amount of community concern about illicit drugs.
CAYAD uses a community action approach, which focuses on influencing positive change in policy and practice, at a national and community level. This includes working with sports clubs, marae, schools, councils, community organisations, government agencies and youth groups.
We provide direct services to agencies and community groups and use our knowledge in public health to address youth alcohol and drug harms in the Hutt Valley.
We do this by:
- Increasing capacity to support young people in education, employment and recreation.
- Promoting effective policies and practices to reduce harm, including submissions, evidence and information about youth drug and alcohol policies.
- Influence policy and legislation to support healthy environments.
- Empower vulnerable communities around harm reduction.
- Facilitate a coordinated community response to youth issues.
- Participate in networks and facilitate collaboration for youth drug and alcohol issues.
CAYAD on Facebook
Follow us on facebook to get the latest information on CAYAD.