The Regional Public Health Health Education Resource Room stocks public health resources to educate the community about keeping well and preventing disease. They are sourced from the Ministry of Health and other public health agencies around New Zealand.
Ministry of Health resources can be viewed and ordered free online through the HealthEd website.
Anyone is welcome to visit the centre to view and take resources. We are located on Level 1 of the Community Health Building, Hutt Hospital Campus. Opening hours are Monday to Friday - 8am to 4.30pm.
Resources can also accessed by contacting:
Laurina Francis Ph: 04 570 9691 Fax: 04 570 9211
Emergency planning and response
Getting ready before a disaster strikes will help reduce damage to your home and centre and help you survive. Click here to go to our emergency planning and response page to help with your planning.
Skin health resources are able to be ordered via our Health Education Resource Room. This is available only to those in the greater Wellington region.
You can also print these resources but please maintain copyright.
Washing hands with soap and water, or using an hand sanitiser is a very effective way to control the spread of infection. You can read more about hand washing on our hand hygiene page.
Useful handwashing resources can be ordered through the HealthEd website here.
Good nutrition in early childhood sets a child up for a lifetime of healthy habits. Visit our nutrition page here to access links, handouts and policies.
Information on specific illnesses
To access a range of illness factsheet that are specific to the early childhood setting visit our early childhood health information page here.
- Cancer Society It is important that early childhood services are SunSmart during the months of September to Apri. You their website you can download a sample sun protection policy, shade infromation and resources to share with your centre families. The Cancer Society, Undercover Cody website provides sunsmart tips, games adn resources for your to use in your centre.
- The Heart Foundation have several programmes and resource specifically for early childcare services including: Jump Rope for Heart, the Healthy Heart award and alos have workshops avaliable.
- Allergy New Zealand is a national charity that provides families with reliable information, education and support so they can manage their child's allergy and live an active and healthy lifestyle.
- The Asthma Foundation are a non-government, charitable organisation who have been helping New Zealanders breath easier for over 50 years. Their team is based in Wellington and have 15 affiliated societies and tyrusts throughout New Zealand that provide services to their communities.
- Sport Wellington is a Regional Sports Trust which promotes, develops and supports sport and recreation in the Wellington region. Visit their website to find out more about the Under 5’s resources and programme. Watch their YouTube video about their Preschool Active Families programme and follow them on facebook to keep up to date with what they are doing in our region.