Banana bread is an old favourite. It is so easy to make, so delicious and makes for a great treat alongside a cuppa on these cold winter days. Enjoy!
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed with a fork
- 1 extra banana for topping, not mashed (optional)
- 1/3 cup oil (or alternative)
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or alternative)
- 1-2 tablespoons cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180oc, grease or line a loaf tin or other small tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine oil and mashed bananas.
- Add in the flour, honey, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, vinegar, salt and eggs.
- Mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin.
- If using 1 banana for the top, cut it into thin slices and place over the mixture.
- Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Cooking time is oven dependant and can vary.
Note: Banana bread freezes well or can keep in an airtight container for 4-5 days.