Grated salad is such a colourful addition to any meal and can be made with a bunch of different ingredients. It also tastes great with fresh herbs added. For example fresh mint, fresh coriander or fresh parsley.
- 1 Beetroot
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Apple (or pear)
- Juice of 1 lemon (or orange or lime)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- Optional extras: freshly chopped herbs (mint, parsley or coriander)
- Grate beetroot, apple and carrot. Add to salad bowl.
- Squeeze juice from the lemon and combine with oil, cumin, salt, pepper and honey.
- Drizzle this over the salad and let stand for 10-15 mins before serving.
Note: Keeps in the fridge for a couple of days.