Sport Wellington is the RST (Regional Sporting Trust) for the Wellington region, and is the independent body focused on all things physical activity, active recreation, play and sport. Sport Wellington offers a range of services dedicated to supporting whānau across the entire Wellington region such as:
- Green Prescription (GRx) – A free programme for adults focused on supporting individuals to make informed, sustainable and healthy behaviour changes around physical activity and nutrition.
- Maternal Green Prescription (MGRx) – A free programme for pregnant women and new mothers, designed to improve and promote healthy lifestyle changes for both mother and child around physical activity and nutrition.
- Green Prescription Active Families – A free programme to improve the nutrition and physical activity education and lifestyle choices for whānau with 6-17 year olds.
- Green Prescription Pre-School Active Families – a free programme to improve the nutrition and physical activity education and lifestyle choices for whānau with 2-5 year olds.
- Community Strength and Balance Classes – The live stronger for longer focused classes are specifically designed to help older adults remain physically active, healthy and independent.
Hutt City Council have a dedicated range of teams in the leisure and culture space, including community hubs and events, information on parks, gardens and reserves, a variety of recreational programmes and services, and well maintained walking and cycling tracks around the Hutt Valley.
- Active in the Hutt – a team dedicated to improving wellbeing through physical activity opportunities. This involves projects, programmes and events for schools and the Hutt City community that get you active.
- Healthy Families Hutt Valley – Develop systems that influence everyday lives and the environments we live in. The HFHV team work to implement initiatives around wellbeing such as active transport, nutrition and physical activity.
Wellington City Council have a dedicated range of teams in the recreation, play, outdoors, sport and active transport areas that support community wellbeing.
YMCA Central Inc is a not for profit organisation committed to strengthening families and youth development. Y Central provide a range of targeted health, fitness, and recreational programmes:
- Group Fitness – a variety of classes from low impact yoga and Pilates, to high intensity group classes.
- Jumpstart –an eight week programme aimed at improving health and wellbeing of people at risk of developing diabetes or those with diabetes or pre-diabetes.
- Y At Home – Fitness and gym classes, a variety of workout ideas that all can be done from the comfort of your own home
Other Wellington region physical activity services