The Interpreting Wellington and Regional Public Health Communicating with non-English speaking clients workshop on 8 September has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 Alert Levels.
Introduction to Public Health Nursing in New Zealand
Regional Public Health & Whitireia have put together ‘Introduction to Public Health Nursing in New Zealand’ - a FREE eLearning course able to be done in participants’ own time.
Available now, the course explores prevention, health determinants, national and international strategies that unpack public health nurses’ role and the Public Health Knowledge and Skills Framework.
The course will initially be available to Ko Awatea LEARN users before being rolled out to other DHB’s through their eLearning systems.
Log into Ko Awatea LEARN to get started here.
RPH would like to acknowledge the following contributors to the course:
- Tessa-Jane Dennes, Team Leader, Regional Public Health
- Leaha North, Child Health Clinical Nurse Specialist, Regional Public Health
- Liz Read, Nurse Manager Child Health Team, Hawke's Bay District Health Board
- Linda St. George, Clinical Nurse Educator, Child Health Team, Hawke's Bay District Health Board
- Karen Cardno, Public Health Nurse Coordinator, Child Health Team, Hawke's Bay District Health Board
- Laurie Mahoney, Public Health Nurse Te Punaka Oraka, Southern District Health Board, and Senior Lecturer Otago Polytechnic
- Kere Bennett, Public Health Nurse, Regional Public Health
- Rhonda Mikoz, Public Health Nurse, Canterbury District Health Board
- Dr Elizabeth Asbury, Academic Project Manager Faculty of Health, Whitireia New Zealand
- Georgina Orsborn, Senior Nursing Lecturer and eLearning developer, Whitireia New Zealand.