Free ear checks for children 0-18 years
The Ear Van provides free checks for children from 0 to 18 years old. This service is provided by a registered nurse who has special training in ear health.
To make an appointment, FREE call 0508 EAR VAN (0508 327 826) or fill out the referral form below.
The nurse provides:
- Assessment and ongoing monitoring of ear problems (runny ears, glue ear, sore ears)
- Tympanometry (test of the eardrum)
- Ear wax removal (using microscope and suction)
- Ear canal cleaning (aural toileting using microscope and suction)
- Removal of foreign objects in the ear canal (cotton buds, beads)
- Parental education and support
- Links to other services
Referrals to us can be made by:
- Family/whanau or caregivers
- ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) specialists
- General practitioners (GPs)
- Vision and hearing technicians
- Public health nurses
- Other health professionals
Monthly clinic timetable
Follow us on Facebook for ear van timetable changes and information.
Request an appointment
Please fill in the details below and we'll call you back.
You can also FREE call us on 0508 EAR VAN (0508 327 826) and we will call you back.