Regional Public Health provides public health response in emergencies such as:
- Natural disasters (e.g. earthquakes, tsunamis, flooding)
- An influenza pandemic
- Infectious disease outbreaks (cryptosporidium, norovirus)
- Hazardous substance and chemical spills incidents
Are you prepared?
Getting ready before a disaster strikes will help reduce damage to your home and business and help you survive.
Preparing for an emergency:
- What’s the plan Stan? is a resource to support schools, teachers, students, and parents to develop the knowledge and skills to prepare for emergency events.
- Emergency planning for schools - the Wellington Region Emergency Management Office actively engages with the schools in our region to ensure their plans are appropriate and are regularly practiced.
Early childhood centre resources
- Community Response Plans are a community-driven response plan which sets out a plan for how they will respond to an emergency.
During or after an emergency