Everyone needs to be active and eat well to maintain a healthy lifestyle. It increases your quality of life and your sense of wellbeing. Physical activity reduces your risk of a range of health conditions, and helps you manage the ones you already have.
We aim to improve the health and wellbeing of our communities by increasing physical activity and enhancing physical activity experiences within the greater Wellington region.
We work to improve environments to be encouraging and supportive of physical activity through:
- Physical activity policies
- Submissions and advocacy
- Public health programmes
- Professional development
Our focus areas include:
- Supporting partners to enhance their delivery in physical activity initiatives
- Supporting councils and local government to enhance cycle and walkways for active and sustainable transport modes
- Developing policies alongside the Ministry of Health that can be used to improve physical activity levels and quality experiences
- Reviewing strategic direction of partners and providing equitable health recommendations
- Increasing opportunities for the Wellington region to participate in an equitable manner in physical activity and wellbeing opportunities
For further information, please contact us or refer to our partners and services directory.